- De-Clutter, remove seldomly used items from kitchen and bathroom counter tops.
- De-Personalize, remove most family photos as buyers like to envision their photos on the walls, it also avoids distraction. The focus must be on the house.
- Clean, clean & clean: Make sure to have your kitchen and bathrooms countertops sparkling clean along with the fixtures. If your carpets need cleaning, clean them. No one likes to see stains on the floors. If you have tile floors with dirty grout, clean!
- Pet Odor, this can be a deal breaker. If you have pet odor, i highly recommend steam cleaning couches, rugs and carpets. Put all pet toys away as well when buyers visit.
- Curb Appeal: Many buyers will conduct a drive by first, visiting your home and neighborhood. Based on your curb appeal, buyers may decide then and there if it’s even worth it to look inside. Wash your windows, make sure the lawn is mowed (re-seed or plant sod if needed), plants and flowers are watered and blooming. Clean up any cobwebs, power wash exterior walls if stained. You want to lure buyers in!
Successful staging plays a major role in setting your home up for a quick sale and for the best price. From cleaning to styling, all will assist.