- Do not make any major purchases whether cash or credit (car,furniture,jewelry, appliances, etc.) This can affect your credit score.
- Do not apply for any new credit no matter what the incentive is, this can affect your credit score.
- Do not pay off debt or collections (unless directed by your loan officer to do so). Also stay current with all your bill payments.
- Do not change bank accounts.
- Do not make unusual deposits into your bank accounts or transfer money around.
Following these steps will help your loan closing process be a lot smoother. Always consult your mortgage loan officer!